Conveyancing is a vital part of purchasing a property. As explained in previous posts, the process assists finalising property transfers and purchases, improving the process for both buyer and seller.
Of course, given the legal details and significant money involved in the process, you need to find a professional that is credible enough to handle your account details. At the same time, chances are you are busy planning a move and buying or selling your existing property, so you don’t have time for a complex process that includes multiple office visits and legwork.
When you find the right service, online conveyancing can help you strike a balance between convenience and credibility. But of course, you might be hesitant to go with an online service in the legal process. How can you make sure that the professional you work with will reliably and accurately handle the property transfer?
Ask the Right Questions
Your first step should always be to reach out to potential conveyancers you are pursuing, and ask the questions that determine the right fit for your property transfer needs. Here are a few questions you can ask:
- What types of property do you mainly specialise in?
- What will it cost? What are your fees and charges? What fees will I have to pay at settlement? Are there any hidden costs?
- How will you communicate with me, and how often?
- On settlement day, what time frames are we looking at?
- How will the process work on my end? What documents will I have to provide, and how?
These questions get to the heart of the matter of professional conveyancing. They allow you to better understand your potential partner’s approach, preparing you for a professional relationship that will hopefully end in a successful property transfer. The more you find out early in the process, the more comfortable you can be in your conveyancer’s credibility and trustworthiness.
Look for Licensing and Certifications
Of course, you can also take additional steps to ensure that the professional with whom you work actually deserves your business. Your first step in that endeavour should be to inquire and research about your online conveyancer’s license and insurance.
Find Social Proof
Of course, you can also take extra steps to ensure and verify that credibility. Chief among them is social proof, which typically consists of testimonials and case studies from clients like you who have used online conveyancing from this service in the past.
Often, you will find this type of social proof on the service’s website. You can also reach out directly to a customer service representative, who might be able to connect you directly with a past client who is willing to share their experience. Finally, simply asking around about online conveyancing services that your friends, family, and acquaintances have used in the past can give you a good idea about the available, credible, and successful services at your disposal.
Ultimately, this two-steps tends to be most successful in establishing the credibility of the online conveyancing service you are looking to engage. A professional or service that is licensed and certified to practice in Australia, and who can also point toward happy clients, is a great partner to help in your property transfer needs.
Take Full Advantage of the Benefits of Online Conveyancing
Once you ensure the credibility of the professional with whom you’re about to engage on one of the biggest transactions of your life, it’s time to reap the full rewards that online conveyancing can bring with it. These rewards include, but are not limited to:
- Simplicity. Especially if you find a service that specialises in online offerings, it can significantly streamline the entire process. A single platform enables you to upload documents and manage the process from beginning to end.
- Convenience. An online conveyancing service allows you to manage the process online, which makes it more convenient. Access your documents and next steps from anywhere, and get notified via email anytime a step is complete or additional steps are needed.
- Cost Savings. If you find the right online conveyancing service, you will save significant costs. Not only can you choose a single pricing page that does not include hidden fees, but you also save the time and money required for individual office visits, especially if you live in a more remote area.
In short, don’t shy away from conveyancing services just because they are online. Instead, do your research, which enables you to find a credible service that can take care of your needs reliably and without an issue.
Every property transfer requires the service of a professional conveyancer. But of course, you don’t want to spend hours and days worrying about this largely functional part of the property purchase process. The right online conveyancing service can take the stress out of the equation, improving your experience and saving you time and money at the same time.